The FAQs listed below aims to answer some of the questions you may have.
Please call me on 07525 758 969 to find out more or contact me now via this website.
My hourly rate is £50.
- 1 hour appointment £50
- 1.5 hour appointment £75
I have concessionary rates to accommodate peoples financial circumstances, available to those who need it such as unemployed and those on low incomes. If you would like to have a series of weekly or fortnightly treatments we can also discuss pricing options. To find out more, please call me on 07525 758 969 or contact me now via this website.
Events and Onsite Massage please note that the costs are based on the number of clients, the frequency of visits, your location, and the length of time spent per treatment.
You can pay at the beginning or at the end of each session unless you have already paid in advance.
- bank transfer
I am a MoveGB Partner.
You can find me on their website as:
Just let me know you are with MoveGB and I’ll book you in through their platform. I will need your full name, telephone number and postcode.
When you book an appointment you are reserving my time exclusively for your treatment. If you cannot keep your appointment, please give at least 48 hours’ notice.
For On site & Event Massage the cancellation notice is 72 hours.
Late cancellations and no-shows will be charged in full or at my discretion depending on circumstances.
Please call me on 07525 758 969 or contact me via this website if you need to re-arrange or cancel your appointment.
All information you tell me is strictly confidential, solely used for the purpose of customizing your treatment.
I will ask you to undress just as far as you feel comfortable and will leave you in privacy to do so. You can choose to undress fully, or keep your underwear, or more clothing, on. The choice is yours.
Once on the massage couch you will be covered with a cotton sheet throughout the treatment, and I will only uncover the part of you that I am about to work on at that time, making sure that you are comfortable.
We can work with oil on skin or through clothes or sheet, as necessary. Seated massage is also an option if you are more comfortable that way. Let the treatment begin!
The number of treatments needed will vary as everyone is different.
After a session there is a short period of adjustment as part of the healing process. Sometimes clients notice improvement after only one or two sessions and some need support for longer to get back to a place where they are feeling well. Many return when they experience challenges or pain resurface while others come back periodically.
On your first visit depending on your aims and treatment reasons together we can agree a treatment plan.
Treatment is not advisable under some medical conditions. If in doubt, please consult your GP or call me before your session to discuss any existing medical conditions.
If you are pregnant or are undergoing medical treatment, please mention this at the time of booking.
Some ways in which massage might help amongst many others:
- Help to reduce pain by releasing endorphins; endorphins also elevate the mood
- Relax sore muscles, improve muscle tone and flexibility
- Relieve muscular tightness, stiffness, spasms and restrictions in muscle tissue
- Restore balance and the natural healing processes of our bodies strengthening the immune system
- Improve circulation of blood bringing more oxygen and nutrients into the muscle helping reduce fatigue
- Improve nervous function
- Help to increase joint mobility, free adhesions, breaks down scar tissue and decreases inflammation
- Relieve physical discomfort such as sciatic, tension headaches, bad digestions or constipation
- Improve your sleep and energy levels
- Maintain your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Promote body awareness, create a feeling of well-being and enhance self-esteem
- Ease emotional trauma through relaxation
- Decrease the heart rate due to relaxation
- Temporarily decrease blood pressure
- Deepen breathing and improve lung capacity by relaxing any tightness in the respiratory muscles
- Improve digestion and increase movement in the large intestine which helps to relieve constipation
- Reduce levels of the stress hormone Cortisol that can cause insomnia, lowered immunity, high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, weak bones and muscles
- Reduce stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body munity, high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, weak bones and muscles
Sandra Alonso is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. It also explains how your personal data is used and collected through the website sandraalonso.com.
For the purpose of this policy, the data controller is Sandra Alonso of
Lower Ground Floor
109 Pembroke Road
1 The Website and information I collect
1.1 If you are using the Website, I may collect the following information about you:
- your name
- your surname
- your email address
- your telephone number
- your postcode
- your gender
- information about health
- how you heard about me
- your preferences for inclusion in contact lists
- any further information that you choose to provide to me, for example if you contact me with questions, comments or feedback about myself or the Website
1.2 By filling in any of the forms on this website, you are giving your consent for Sandra Alonso to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
3 Uses made of the information
3.1 I use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and manage your booking and to provide you with necessary information about the treatment you have booked
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from me
- to provide you with information about other services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to notify you about changes to my service or the Website
- to ensure that content from my Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer my Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve mine Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- as part of my efforts to keep my Website safe and secure
3.2 Disclosure of your information. Your information will be kept strictly confidential. I will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
I may disclose your personal information if I are required by law to do so or if you violate my Terms of Service.
3.4 Where I store your personal data
3.4.1 All personal information you provide me with is stored in a secure computer, the secure control panel for this website and spreadsheets. I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access using secure passwords and encryption.
3.4.2 If I ever need to transfer your personal data outside the EEA, I will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, in compliance with UK data protection laws.
3.4.3 The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. I will do my best to protect your personal data but I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
4 Your rights
4.1 You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing emails or by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
4.2 You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that I hold about you. Once I have verified your identity I will respond as quickly as possible and in any event within 30 days.
4.3 You have the right to amend any personal information I stored by contacting me at email@example.com and to amend your marketing preference in any marketing emails.
4.4 My Website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Edited and customised by: Sandra Alonso | Massage & Bodywork Therapist
We use the following cookies: tbc work in process!!!
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of my site.